As a National Outdoor Centre, Plas y Brenin develops the people that develop the outdoor sector – from instructors to centre managers to expedition leaders to NGB officers to policymakers. This includes developing inspiring coaches, instructors and leaders in adventure sport, be they volunteers or working professionally in the sector, to better support people, from all backgrounds, to get active in the outdoors.
By hosting conferences, symposiums and meetings, we bring together practitioners from across the UK (and beyond) to share learning, transfer good practice and raise standards. This inspirational venue, with a world-class reputation, is also committed to helping individuals nurture their skills and confidence for independent adventures.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced chef who is able to work as part of a team but also bring their own fresh and exciting ideas to help us further develop our customer offering.
If you are able to work as part of a kitchen team, ensuring adherence to all health and safety, hygiene, and all operational kitchen procedures, are able to motivate a team around you to deliver the best possible service to our customers, and are full of ideas of how we provide for our range of customers, from school children to world class athletes, then you may be the person we are looking for.
What we Offer:
In return we offer:
- Excellent rates of pay – starting at £9.62 per hour
- Permanent, year-round work
- Health and wellbeing support for all employees
- Free and discounted places on scheduled Plas y Brenin courses
- Staff discount in our on-site shop
- Free packed lunches for staff working off-site, free soup and rolls for on-site staff at lunch times, and our famous daily cake at around 5pm.
- 25% discount on meals ordered through our bar
- Free hire of a range of equipment from our stores
- Free use of on-site facilities including our climbing wall and training wall, rolling pool, strength and conditioning suite and mountain bike track
- Free river access at Canolfan Tryweryn
- Discounted B&B for staff and family members (limits apply).
How to apply:
Please send a CV and covering letter detailing your interest in applying for this role, to email@example.com