MARKETING COORDINATOR ROLE DESCRIPTION
As a National Outdoor Centre, Plas y Brenin develops the people that develop the outdoor sector – from instructors to centre managers to expedition leaders to NGB officers to policymakers. This includes developing inspiring coaches, instructors and leaders in adventure sport, be they volunteers or working professionally in the sector, to better support people, from all backgrounds, to get active in the outdoors.
To support the Marketing Manager at Plas y Brenin, National Outdoor Centre, and the Mountain Training Trust, both at an organisation level and the full range of PYB products and services. To help deliver high impact promotional campaigns successfully, creating and uploading engaging content to our social media platforms, improving engagement, brand awareness, lead generation and revenue. The ability to network at every given opportunity. In this role you have the ability to establish your own voice, creating engaging content and marketing materials that will align with our current campaigns to help drive brand awareness and revenue.
To work alongside the Marketing Manager to help execute planning and reporting, and involve and inform colleagues across the organisation the current aspects of social media and content marketing. The ideal candidate would need to be a completer/finisher, possess strong copy writing skills, will be numerate, results driven, and a dynamic and assertive individual with imagination, and creativity.
- To contribute to the development of strategic marketing and communications plans ensuring they are fully aligned to PYB business strategy and departmental business plans
- To manage the social media platforms to high standards, attracting continuous engagement and growth within the platforms
- To manage on site events ensuring marketing resources are used effectively
- To execute successful marketing campaigns for all products and services, and develop impactful, appropriate marketing materials; manage tailored programmes for different consumer groups from inception through to delivery
- To carry out data analysis to allow customer segmentation and targeting, customer relationship management, and monitoring of sales and behaviour patterns
- To provide regular, accurate and meaningful insight and analysis from on product performance, campaign performance, competitor analysis, web analytics and wider customer, competitor and product data
- To support improvement in the quality of in-house data, interpretation of it and reporting back to the business
- To support and implement procedures, processes and marketing techniques to ensure that our marketing activity is innovative and effective
- To ensure that design and brand management is developed and executed effectively and consistently across print and digital platforms; ensuring adherence to PYB brand guidelines
- To adhere and enforce the PYB social media policy
- To participate in staff development and training activities in line with PYB/MTT’s training and development policy
- To adhere to the PYB/MTT’s Health and Safety policies and procedures
- To adhere to and actively support all other PYB/MTT policies and procedures
- To participate in the staff Performance and Development process, as directed
- To undertake other tasks commensurate with the role as directed by the Line Manager
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A skillful verbal and written communicator, with the tact and assertiveness necessary to work within a demanding environment and possess the resilience to get the job done
- A completer/finisher with meticulous attention to detail and strong ability with figures and report writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A sound knowledge of the full marketing mix, together with excellent copywriting and presentation skills
- Full IT literacy with sound knowledge of a wide range of digital communication media
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure of tight deadlines and multiple projects
- Highly organised with the ability to deal with multiple projects on an on-going basis, and meet deadlines and budgets
- An enthusiastic and proactive person who can work on their own initiative within a busy team
- Imagination and creativity
- A strong understanding and proven use of Power BI
- Hold a full, clean driving license
- Desirable: Marketing degree / Professional qualification CIM or CAM Diploma
· Head office based. Some travel anticipated
· Occasional requirement for working outside of contractual hours
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent.
Salary: £26,000-£28,000 per year.
Schedule: Monday to Friday
How To Apply
If you would like to join a thriving centre of excellence please send your CV and covering letter to:
Candidates will be notified of interview arrangements once the shortlist has been selected.