What do I need to bring?
Before you rush out and buy - don't forget on our courses, for certain items such as boots, kit hire is included
- Walking Boots
- Walking socks
- Wicking base layer
- Walking trousers – usually these will be a modern ‘technical’ quick drying fabric
- Hard Shell Waterproofs
- Woolly hat Gloves – need to be warm
- Rucksack- ideally 35 litres min
- Personal First aid kit
- Spare clothing – e.g. extra fleece, belay jacket, spare gloves, spare hat, goggles
- Sun glasses particularly when sunny or snowy
- Drinks bottle and/or flask
- Compass (Silva Expedition 4 recommended)
- Maps - OS 17 Snowdon & Conwy Valley 1:25000 (and OS 115 Snowdon 1:50000 for navigation courses). Laminated maps are great as you don't need a map case and you can make notes mark points etc. (Can be purchased from our shop)
- Sun cream/ insect repellent/ spare food/sun hat.