What do I need to bring?
- Walking boots
- Walking socks
- Wicking base layer
- Walking trousers – usually these will be a modern ‘technical’ quick drying fabric
- Hard Shell Waterproofs
- Woolly hat
- Gloves – need to be warm
- Rucksack- ideally 35 litres min
- Personal First aid kit
- Spare clothing – e.g. extra fleece, belay jacket, spare gloves, spare hat
- Sun glasses particularly when sunny or snowy
- Drinks bottle and/or flask
- Compass (Silva Expedition 4 recommended)
- You should bring your copy of OL 17 Snowdon & Conwy Valley 1:25,000. We will provide any other maps that we may use.
- A watch for timing navigation legs
- Seasonally think about - Sun cream/ insect repellent/ spare food/sun hat/sunglasses
You will find a fine permanent marker useful for writing on your maps and a pen handy for taking notes and writing your action plan.